Approve a new hire
These steps will help guide you through the final stage of onboarding: checking and approving the information you've collected from a hiring candidate.
- In the navigation panel, select Payroll and then Onboarding.
- The New Hire Onboarding table shows all of the new hire candidates in the system.
- The second column shows their current status.
- If your candidate's status shows Pending Approval, they are eligible for hire. Click on their name to go to their onboarding page.
- If their status is anything else, you may still go to their page, but the candidate is currently not eligible for hire.
- Review the information entered by the candidate. The onboarding page displays the forms completed by the candidate. If you encounter any incorrect information, you may fix it here. (Don't forget to click save on any form you change!)
- Review the Assignments table. The Assignments table displays a list of the documents assigned and their acknowledgment status.
- The Assignments table is informational. You may approve the candidate regardless of what it shows.
- Review the employee's file uploads listed in the Employee Documents table.
- The Employee Documents table is informational. There is no action you need to take here.
- At the bottom of the page is the Final Confirmation form. This is the same form from the beginning of the onboarding process. However, this time around, all of the fields are required.
- If everything looks good, click HIRE <CANDIDATE NAME> in order to complete the onboarding process.
- If you've changed your mind, you may click CANCEL THIS HIRE.
- NOTE: These actions cannot be undone.
The page will now convert to read-only mode in order to prevent further editing while the new employee is created.